Outlined in this missionary guideline are rules and regulations that would guide or govern every missionary visiting Ghana through the OIM Organization. Please read the missionary's guide and consent to the rules and regulations prior to registration. It is our heartfelt prayer that you will have an outstanding experience and successful mission trip with OIM. Thank you.
- It is imperative for every missionary joining the OIM mission trip to submit to the authorities of the organization and the agree upon scheduling for all events/activities.
- Our goal is to ensure that you have an enjoyable experience, therefore if there is anything we can do to make you feel more welcomed, please discuss directly with the OIM Leadership.
- Your safety is our primary concerns; therefore, we have pre-arranged transportation for you to and from the airport and all events/activities during your stay in Ghana.
- We appreciate your willingness to serve the people of Ghana and we are excited about welcoming you. Our team has pre-arranged your itinerary for this mission and it is imperative for everyone to honor the schedule, to be on time and prepared to minister/speak. Please do not deviate from the schedule as we have already advised the people of Ghana of your visit and they are expecting you at every scheduled event.
- Our hospitality team has also scheduled down time for you to enjoy our beautiful attractions in Ghana, to go shopping and to get rested. Please take advantage of the rest times, to make sure you stay strong and in good health.
- If there is an emergency and you are unable to honor your commitment for an event/activity, please speak with OIM Leadership prior to the event. Deviating from the itinerary will disrupt the schedule of events.
- It is imperative for every missionary to always display good moral character. Please bring an abundance of patience and flexibility as day to day life in Ghana operates differently than in other countries. It is expected that every missionary will show a willingness to participate as a team player, show respect for all involved and display a Christ-like attitude in all interactions.
- For your safety and protection, please meet with any visitors in public meeting places, such as hotel reception areas, restaurants, etc. Please be careful when connecting with social media contacts in person when arriving in a foreign country. If you’d like to meet with such persons, please inform OIM Leadership so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
- If a missionary would like to assist with any of the programs or provide resources to the families or other organizations while in Ghana, they should discuss with the OIM organization first. This will help the OIM organization with keeping a detailed accounting of donations and resources and can follow-up with those organizations/families in the future to determine their needs.
- We are honored to have missionaries joining us from countries all around the world. As a result, you will have the opportunity to experience different cultures while serving with OIM. Therefore, please be mindful of cultural difference and be respectful each other’s culture.
- Both men and women should be appropriately dressed, very decent and modesty while working with OIM, especially when entering church sanctuaries at all times. It is our culture to honor and respect the church.
- OIM prides itself of offering many photo opportunities and Facebook Live recordings to highlight the good work we’re doing here in Ghana. This also gives our missionaries plenty of promotional materials for their own use to share what God is doing in their life and ministry. At times, OIM will ask missionaries to wear OIM attire to promote the organization. Please be sure to inform OIM Leadership of your size requirements and style preferences as we want to accommodate all needs.
- Please feel free to ask questions and give suggestions on how we can best serve you while you’re visiting with us in Ghana. As stated, our goal is to make this the best possible experience for all of our missionaries.
We look forward to working with you in service of the kingdom of God.
There are terms and conditions regarding the registration for the OIM Mission Trip. This is specifically about
- OIM payment account.
You can read the details of the Terms and Conditions at this link. In registering for the OIM Mission Trip, you will have to accept this Terms and Conditions (same) indicated at this link. (Please read before you proceed to fill the registration form).
In filling out our Mission Trip registration form, you will have to accept this agreement at a stage in the form filling process. Kindly read it to be familiar with the terms.
AGREEMENT AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY
Ghana Mission Trip Participant
I acknowledge that I have applied to participate in short term mission trip to Ghana, Africa with Organization of international missionaries- Ghana.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
I am aware that the mission trip poses risks including but not limited to: sickness, crime, political instability, governmental opposition to prevent activities, as well as similar dissimilar risks. I am aware that the mission trip may involves risks.
I AM VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATING IN THE MISSION TRIP WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE RISKS INVOLVED. HEREBY AGREE TO ACCEPT ANY AND ALL RISKS OF INJURY OR DEATH THAT MAY RESULT FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN THE MISSION TRIP.
RELEASE FROM LIABILITY
I hereby irrevocably and unconditionally release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue or attach any property of the organization or any of their affiliations, members, directors, employees, drivers and agents (collectively referred to as the "Releases") for and from all claim of any nature now or hereafter existing whether known or unknown from negligence or other acts, however caused, of the releases as a result of my participation in the mission trip.
KNOWING AND VOLUNTARY EXECUTION
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT BETWEEN MYSELF ON THE ONE HAND AND OIM AND/OR THEIR AFFILIATES ON THE OTHER HAND. NO ORAL REPRESENTATIONS, STATEMENTS OR INDUCEMENTS APART FROM THIS AGREEMENT HAVE BEEN TO ME. I TICK THIS AGREEMENT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
Registering here for the OIM Mission Trip means you will be accepting the Terms and Conditions and the Agreement and Release from Liability as indicated above on this page (Please read before you proceed to fill the form below).